Sound Therapy and Healing
The beginning of each class - Making Sound
Each class begins with each student making sound. The point of this exercise to begin to see everything as vibration including the sound or music you having going on inside you at every moment of the day. When you see everything as vibration you can then use vibration to change the music you have going on inside you. The exercise varies from week to week:
1. Make the sound of who you are – Each student makes the sound of who they think they are.
2. Make the sound of your day – Each student makes the sound of, or sings the ups and downs of their day.
3. Make the sound of a perfect day – Each student makes the sound of what a perfect day would be like.
Class 1 - Resonance
This class is about the core concept of Resonance that is the basis of all Sound Healing. We discuss the different types of resonances based on the laws of physics: Acoustic Resonance in spaces (Rooms, temples, the mouth and throat, chest cavity, head, organs, and instruments), Mechanical Resonance in materials (Wood, metal, bones, muscles, tendons, skin, blood, crystal bowls), and Etheric Resonance (Chakras, Auras and Etheric Bodies, Root/Soul Frequencies, Love, Appreciation, Joy, Divine Love, and Spirit). We explain and practice a technique for finding a resonant frequency.
Once you learn the basic law of resonance you can use this information to become a Resonant transmitter where you are not at the mercy of resonances around you.
Class 2 - Harmonic Structure of Sound
Most people don’t realize that just about every sound is made up of multiple frequencies that are also present. Even though someone is playing or singing an “A” there as many as 30 other pitches also present besides the root note of “A.” These other pitches carry detailed information about your being, which is transmitted to the world with every word you speak. This information can also be deciphered through voice analysis.
We go through all the aspects of harmonics that determine why one sound sounds different from another sound. We discuss the difference between activating “Odd” harmonics and calming “Even” harmonics, and what instrument sounds and vowels are more odd or even. We look and listen to Pure sounds (like the tuning fork) versus Rich sounds (Violin, Piano), and which are better for a particular situation. We also discuss how the volume and phase (timing) of harmonics affect a sound.
We then look at how the mathematical structure of harmonics correlate to the mathematical structure of the Universe: The distance between the planets in our Solar System, the weight of each vertebrae in our Spine, the distance of electron shells around the atom, the frequencies of our auras or etheric bodies, and the levels of energy/matter at the Quantum level. With this information we discuss how the harmonic spectrum in your voice resonates throughout the universe and other people at the Quantum Level, and the responsibility this awareness brings with it.
Class 3 – Entrainment with Steven Halpern
Steven gives an overall perspective on the field of Sound Healing, and his 30 years of music production in the field. Steven has over 50 CD’s and has been the top selling artist in the field for over 20 years. He covers the history of his sound healing music journey and the various techniques that he incorporates into his music. He also explains the basic concept of entrainment and does musical meditations with his music.
Class 4 - Cymatics and the Cymascope with Erik Larson
Cymatics are the visual patterns that are created in sand, powder and water when a sound is applied. Erik takes you through the meaning and uses of these every evolving cymatic patterns. Erik also brings in the Cymascope that he and his partner created so you can play with different sounds, including your own voice, and see the patterns they create in real time.
Class 5 - Tuning Systems; Frequencies; Peoples Frequencies
Many people in the field of sound healing are adamant about using sounds and music that are based on ancient tuning systems because they are based on nature and resonate through the whole universe, including our spines. A tuning system is about which frequency each of the notes within a 12-note octave is tuned to. Before the 1700’s most cultures created tuning systems based on the harmonic structure of sound. Then in the 1700’s Bach introduced the Equal Tempered tuning system, which is not based on nature at all – and we’ve been screwed up every since. We discuss how to create a tuning system and look the ancient Just Intonation and Pythagorean Tuning systems.
In the second half of class, we discuss and listen to the full range of frequencies (20 – 20,000 hertz), in order to learn each frequency by name. We all know colors by name, but not frequencies. We focus on specific archetypal frequencies for healing as reference points to get to know the whole range. We also find the particular frequency that your speech is centered around.
Class 6 - Binaural Beats
A binaural beat is the third frequency that occurs when you listen to two frequencies that are detuned just a little bit from each other. If this third frequency (which is below the normal range of hearing) falls within the range of any of the brainwave states it will automatically entrain your brain into that brainwave state (Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta). The science behind this is now quite well researched. If you also wear headphones the binaural beats will synchronize your left and right brain. Binaural beats can also be used to entrain your brain into a specific EEG brain map – such as a high state of meditation. And, they can be used to take you out of your body, so specific care must always be taken.
We discuss how different rhythms also entrain the brain, and how the resonant frequency in the atmosphere, called the Schumann resonance (7.83 hertz), entrains every brain on the planet. We then explain how to create binaural beats that are in tune with the key of a song, as well as having the tempo of the song match the key of the song! We then create a holographic sound project based on a student’s root/soul frequency. The binaural beats are tuned to the particular person’s frequency and determines every component of the song: The key, the tempo, and a slow breath.
Class 7 - Physics of Sound – Envelopes, Volume Perception, The Structure of the Ear, Phase Cancellation and Phasing; Frequency Healing Modes
Understanding the reality of sound is important so that you can work with it better for healing and raising consciousness.
The envelope of a sound is the way that the sound changes volume over time. We discuss how various envelopes in our speech have been shown to match each of the emotions. And, how some voice analysis techniques use this component of sound as an assessment tool.
Different volumes have quite different affects on us physically, mentally, and emotionally. We look at the full range of decibels from 0 – 140 dB. We go into all of the components within the ear and how they work and affect our perception of sound. We then look at phase cancellation, which is the difference in timing between two of the same sound. We discuss how this technology is being used to quiet the world, and how it is an integral part of how we perceive the placement of sounds around us. We then discuss how this component can be used to take us out of the body, or into higher states of consciousness. We even discuss how some people even say that certain phase relationships can release your human potential.
Most importantly, we cover how to find the frequency of a stuck emotion, issue, organ or disease – using electronic equipment or intuitively. And then we cover the full range of techniques to break up, release or harmonize these frequencies into a healthy state.
Class 8 – Releasing Stuck emotions
The goal of the class (in alignment with all the classes) is to see everything as frequency (sound or music) – including all of our emotions as frequency (sound or music). When we see our emotions as frequency, it allows us to see and feel them as they are, and then gives us a simple sound method for releasing or shifting the emotion. First, we explore the “sound” of the so-called negative emotions vs. the sound of positive emotions (which have a more consistent tone). The most difficult emotion of all is that of resistance to feeling emotions.
We start by feeling our emotions, however, on the other end of the evolutionary scale we ultimately want to get off the roller coaster of emotions. Not that we don’t still feel them, but “we are not them.” One technique is to make our primary focus be that of our own root frequency instead of the emotion – bringing us back to our own center.
We explain and practice multiple techniques for releasing stuck emotions:
1. Making the sound of the emotion to release it.
2. Making the sound that our body wants to make.
3. Making a sound that transforms the emotion into a positive emotion.
4. Making a sound of a higher emotion to shift our energy.
Ultimately, the goal is to use our mind to stop the emotions from getting stuck in the first place. We will discuss these techniques. We end the class with a meditation on the sound of Joy! When you see higher emotions as sound and music, you can then use the sound and music to access the emotion at will (especially helpful when attempting to shift out of a lower emotion).
Class 9 - Nature Sounds; Sound Science of Alfred Tomatis
We take a look at the healing power of nature sounds. Sounds in the city tend to close our ears down. Nature sounds open us up (ears and heart). We listen to full range of nature sounds (including crickets, thunder and birds) slowed down to hear the hidden detail of what the sound is really doing to us. A whole other world unfolds when we slow some nature sounds down. We use the program “Raven” from Cornell University to slow down the sounds and to see a beautiful visual of the harmonic structure of the nature sound. We talk about the way dolphins and whales communicate. We end with a meditation on the healing power of nature sounds.
Alfred Tomatis has done a large amount of research on the ear, sound and music perception and learning disabilities. His proven concepts form much of the basis of the science of how sound affects us. We’ll discuss how different sounds and music affect us physically, mentally and emotionally. We’ll also discuss how the “The Listening Program” gets rid of learning disabilities based on these concepts.
Class 10 - Voice Mapping with Matt Kramer
Working with the frequencies in a client’s voice, voice mapping is a highly effective biofeedback process for emotional release and healing from the consequences of stored stress and trauma. It is also used by athletes to overcome challenges and improve peak performance. Given the correlation between physical and emotional health, voice mapping can be helpful in fighting chronic health problems.
Matt will explain voice mapping and share his experience in helping hundreds of people reclaim their power and live their lives more fully since this process was first released for the general public in 2005. He will also provide brief mini-sessions for anyone who would like to experience voice mapping. For more information, visit http://mkvoicemap.com and http://mattkramer.com
Class 11 - Review for Final / Class Critiques
We review all of the test questions (which are already in the Reader that is handed out on the first day of class), and we get feedback on how to make the classes better.
Class 12 - Final Exam
We take the final exam and do a closing ceremony honoring each other with gratitude and appreciation.
Instructors: David Gibson, Steven Halpern, Erik Larson, Matt Kramer
Sound Therapy and Healing Labs
LAB 1 - Looking at Harmonics; The Frequency of Chakras
Using a spectrum analyzer, which shows the harmonics in sounds visually, we look at your particular harmonic structure. First, we find your root frequency on the spectrum analyzer. We then have you find the lowest and highest notes your voice can make. Using the spectrum analyzer as a feedback tool, we’ll have you practice overtone singing (resonating the harmonics in your voice) while looking at them on the computer screen. This is a very effective tool to help you learn to do overtone singing.
In the second half of class we discuss all the different systems in various cultures that have assigned specific notes to each chakra. The rest of class is about finding the frequency and pitch of each chakra for yourself. First, we watch an amazing video on chakras, “The Illuminated Chakras.” to get in touch with the meaning of each chakra. We will then hook you up to a tone generator and have you find the exact frequency of your own Chakras (including your root frequency). Then, we have you do a second exercise to tune into the “pitch” of each chakra for yourself. Finally, we do a very powerful Chakra Meditation where we have you tune into all 7 chakras at the same time. The point of this class is to not only have you start tuning into chakras as frequency, but also to give you another reference point in your body for learning the full range of frequencies (20 – 20,000 hertz).
LAB 2 – Root and Organ Frequencies; Heart Monitor & Galvanic Skin Response
In this class we find each person’s Root/Soul frequency in multiple ways. We go into the Sound Therapy room and we have each person lay on the Sound Table while we play each of the 12 notes in the octave through the sound table. First, we do muscle testing on the person to see which frequency is strengthening them the most. Then we have them close their eyes and tune in to what note is the most grounding. And finally, we have the entire class tune in and focus on the person’s energy and breathing while they are listening to each of the 12 notes to see which note seems to be the most relaxing and grounding for them. Generally, the class normally comes to a clear consensus. This not only shows how we all have a central signature frequency that resonates through our whole being, but it teaches you how to find it in yourself and in others.
We then will have a student look at an image of one of their organs in 3D and we do the same muscle testing while playing each of the 12 notes. This technique has been proven to help find the note that strengthens that particular organ.
Finally, we hook up a heart monitor and Galvanic Skin Response unit to examine how different rhythms, tempos, music and songs affect our heart rate and tension/relaxation in the body. Galvanic Skin Response measures the amount of tension in the body by measuring the amount of sweat on your fingers.
LAB 3 - Voice Analysis
The basic concept of voice analysis is that every single thing going on in your system affects your muscles (basic kinesiology), and since your vocal chords are controlled by muscles, everything going on your system is projected through your voice. In fact, your entire template of perfection that you were born with, and all the distortions you have created in your life – are also transmitted through your voice whenever you open your mouth to make a sound.
This class explores all of the different methods of using Voice Analysis to assess the state of a person physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. We take a look at Sharry Edwards’ system, the Biosonics system from Spain, Don Estes’ Harmonic Resolution Therapy, Sound Energy, Biowaves, Zyto, and the VoiceBio. We then use the VoiceBio system to do an assessment for each student.
The creator of the VoiceBio system did years of research in hospitals doing VoiceBios on patients with a wide range of diseases and issues. She also ties weaknesses of frequencies in the voice to weaknesses in specific organs.
We also play with different essences while using the VoiceBio system to see what essences are boosting what frequencies in your system. The system can ultimately be used to see how the frequencies of colors, foods and other stimulus in your environment are affecting your own frequency spectrum.
LAB 4 - Class Singing Project
This class is to learn and practice holding a specific intention with 100% focus. It has been shown that the more consistent you hold a healing intention the more powerful the effect. We first choose an intention, then we choose the key and musical mode (which you learn about in the Inner Music Theory class) and David creates a song on the synthesizer while everyone is helping hold the intention. We then go out into the recording studio and sing multiple tracks while consistently holding the Intention. In the past we have done, “All Hearts Connected on the Planet,” “100% Focus no matter what,” “Healing the Planet,” “Connected to Earth and Spirit through the Heart,” “Connection to the Earth through the Schumann Resonance,” “Holding and Resonating Joy for everyone on the Planet.” Not only does the experience of singing with intention for 2 hours leave you feeling incredibly high, you learn how powerful intention can be when a group of people hold it consistently, and… you end up with a CD!
LAB 5 – Creating Sound Healing Projects
This assignment helps you learn how to design a wide range of sound treatments for someone, and ultimately gives you an idea of what it would be like run a Healing Center, and do intake for clients.
Using information gathered from all of your classes, you design treatments for David that include a sound project and a whole array of other frequency based treatments – as if you have a whole staff of vibrational healers at your disposal. You learn about different sound healing project forms -- whether the project is to be a recording or a live sound healing treatment. We then go through the protocol for doing an intake with a client. The class then asks David the full range of questions to see what is going on with him, including information on sound and music preferences, that will be helpful in designing the sound and music project.
Each person in the class then creates a sound project mapping out what instruments and techniques are used at each moment through the song or treatment. Each person then shares what they came up with so everyone learns a full range of approaches and possibilities of how to deal with a particular issue (David’s in this case).
Each person also comes up with an array of sound and vibrational treatments that they would prescribe for the client. These may not only include sound treatments, but body work, energy healing, or any other healing modality a student may be aware of, or be creative enough to come up with! It is always interesting to see what each student comes up with.
We also discuss how to do such treatments over the phone, or through distance healing (simply transmitting energy to someone over long distances).
LAB 6 – Creating Sound Healing Projects for Each Other
In this class we do something similar to the previous class, but each student pairs up with another student. After doing intake, and designing the sound treatment, each student actually performs the treatment on the other student.
LAB 7 - Final Projects; Creating Sound Healing Projects for Yourself
Each student turns in and presents their final paper on a vibrational topic of their choice – anything remotely related to sound and vibrational healing. This is your opportunity to research something that we have not covered in class. The whole class gets to learn about a full range other modalities based on vibration. The paper is to be at least two pages long, and the live presentation can include experiences or meditations.
Finally, you design sound healing projects and a sound practice for yourself:
1. You design a sound healing musical project as you did for David and for others in the class – for your self. You know best what you need! Ultimately this makes you aware of what sounds you really like and how they can used to heal yourself, bring you back to center and raise your own consciousness.
2. You create two sound programs for yourself. The first is a practice that you will absolutely do every day or every week. This may include things like toning every morning, doing a sound chakra treatment on yourself, getting on the sound table every day, practicing overtone singing while driving to and from work, etc. The second array of practices is one that you would ideally like to do every day or week.
Each student then presents their Sound Healing Project, and two Practices to the class.
Instructor: David Gibson
BioPhysical Model of Mind, Body and Spirit
The human body is a remarkable symphony of matter, energy, information and consciousness. While modern medicine and biology have focused almost exclusively on the dense, material aspects of the body (bones, muscles, organs, nerves, etc.), ancient traditions have always understood that all the aspects of our existence are inseparable.
As our culture moves slowly toward a “new” paradigm of mind-body holism, for thousands of years these traditions have taught that there is no connection between mind and body because there is fundamentally no separation between them – therefore, no connection is needed.
Body and Soul will explore many conventional notions of the body – including important concepts from standard anatomy and physiology – but from the unique perspective of how the body is organized as a physical expression of consciousness. In addition to lecture and discussion, we will use guided meditation, movement, touch and sound to directly experience the essential unity of life and the factors that influence it.
Basic human systems and studies
Brain functions and mapping
Neurology and the nervous system
Autonomic Nervous System
Outer, middle and inner ear components
Cell structure and water content
Resonance of healthy tissues
An eclectic overview of the body that includes the basic supporting and functional structures and systems including the organs, nervous system, endocrine system etc. We will also present the energetic system which will include chakras, meridians and the energetic shells that surround us.
The first class will present these systems as they coalesce from pure consciousness into the energetic and then into the physical. Using images from embryology we will see how divine intelligence and functional need create the systems of the body and also define there relationships. It is problems within these interactions that create the basis for disease and disharmony. Each organ and system will be simply covered in this light. The goal of this first session is to see the synergy of our parts and systems and to understand the basics of what they do.
The second class will be an in depth review of the first session. We will present “pictures” of the functional aspects of each organ and system, the observable personality of each. When these patterns are pointed out, we recognize them and can then use this recognition to “see” what is in balance and what is not. A short presentation will be included on the energetics of relationships. We will also use techniques from Qi Gong , movement and meditation to enhance each participants direct somatic experience of the mystical body that touches the earth.
Inner Awareness and Transformation through Sound
Deep Transformational Work with Voice and Crystal Bowls
use of sound as a personal tool for your
own creative development. An exploration
of your sound landscape and consciousness.
Techniques to access a deeper awareness
of your own inner sound world. Students
express themselves sonically by exploring
the relationship of sound to thought forms,
feelings, and emotions. How to use your voice to heal and raise consciousness - your own and others.
A powerful experiential workshop that will bring you into the heart of sound.
- walk our journey releasing emotions
- activate the natural healing abilities of our bodies
- connect to our inner truth
- transmute at the cellular level and create a shift
- nurture our hearts and expand our consciousness
- clear buried feelings
Connect your divinity with the spirit in the body
Experience freedom of expression through dance, creative visualization
sound healing for our mental, emotional and physical health.
Besides singing Silvina uses Crystal bowls, chanting, mantras, music
Some of the topics that will be addressed are: chakra system, deep energy
work, glands and emotional work.
Instructor: Silvina Vergara
The Sound of Love
A truly transformative workshop designed to open your heart. You will learn sound techniques for connecting with people from a heart center, creating more intimacy in relationships, and connecting the spiritual love.
In this unique 2 day workshop you will use sound to open up and access deeper levels of connecting through love. This workshop will open your heart to others and spirit (love from above). When you reside in your heart with one another a resonant field is setup that not only transforms your every communication, but also adds to a planetary resonant field that affects the entire planet.
• How to use sound to connect with love to another person.
• How to use sound to connect to Spiritual Love
• The Different Types of Love, and Compassion
• Sound, Movement, Connecting, and Bliss
• Bringing Self into Balance with Sound
• The Sound of Falling in Love
• The Sound of Love from above and Silence
• Music for Love and Relationships
• Using Voice, Tuning Forks, and Crystal Bowls on your self and each other
• Resolving Conflict with Sound
• The Harmonic Structure of Sounds of Love
Instructors: David Gibson, Silvina Vergara
Inner Music Theory
This class covers the fundamentals of music theory
with an emphasis on
how each aspect affects human beings on all levels.
The course uses creative techniques to help students
acquire a deeper understanding of the nuances of
intervals and musical composition. The course uses
the harmonic structure as the basis for the exploration
of the underlying meaning of musical intervals.
class will teach the fundamentals of rhythm and
music notation: ABCs of notes, how notes combine
to create intervals, scales and modes and how these
combine in turn into voice lines, chords and harmonic
motion. Throughout the factual material we will
use our senses to perceive experientially
explore the energies behind intervals and certain
types of motion and rhythms. We will see, and experience, how
harmony relates to the overtone series as well. The goal is to be able to navigate through
the matrix of sound fundamentals with confidence,
creating as you go
. And to experience energetically
what is learned intellectually.
With a basic grounding in the terminology and mechanics of music we will explore how to apply emerging knowledge and ideas in Psychoacoustics to actual pieces of music and live healing sessions.
- Harmonic Series and Intervals
- Rhythm and Groove
- Tuning Systems
- Toning, Seed Syllables, Mantra
- Sacred Geometry
- Live flow of a healing session
- Resonance of relationship
This course will provide some fundamentals of concepts in music, the association of these concepts to developing healing music and a safe place to explore the various modalities of psychoacoustics through active listening and creative projects.
Additionally, this course will emphasize the development of the student’s abilities of discernment around the inner experience of sound. This ability is key to understanding the nature of the effects of different modalities of healing and styles of music. It also provides the foundation for a truly meaningful exchange between the healer and the client- the very basis for that conversation is an ability to understand how these tools affect us- how sound and music affect our consciousness and our bodies.
Instructor: Craig Godfrey
Sound of Rhythm
This course will provide an experiential and conceptual introduction to rhythm and its role in healing. You will experience and learn about the basic building blocks of rhythm and sound, and gain an appreciation for their effects upon human perception and health. In this course, you will learn why rhythm and sound facilitate healing, as well as some practical applications of how to integrate them into your healing work.
· Begin to learn how to feel and embody rhythm
· Gain inspiration in rhythmic/polyrhythmic phenomena
· Learn a simple rhythmic notation/visualization system
· Become conversant with basic rhythmic terms and relationships
· Understand human perceptual limitations as they pertain to rhythm
· Understand basic relationships between patterns, flux, freedom, and chaos
· Understand the role and effects of entrainment in learning and healing
Natural Acoustic Sound Healing Instruments
The Healing Voice
You will learn a technique for using your voice for healing. You will learn the wide range of sounds that can be made with the voice and their effects. But most importantly, you will learn how to connect to spirit and trust that spirit will create the sounds in your voice that are most needed. We will also discuss and practice techniques for holding your own field so as not to take on the energy being released by the client. You will come away with a powerful skill for helping yourself and others.
Experiential Foundations for Sound Healing
We base the sound healing work on two assumptions:
a) To be centered, sensitive and responsive, we
must be familiar with different feeling states,
and learn how sound, energy and intention can surrender
into a self-aware state.
b) To become conscious with sound, we must develop
physical/sensory recognition of subtle changes and
acquire a relationship with the inner landscape
through Spiritual attunement.
During the three sessions we will be working with
exercises from Three Key Practices (indicated below):
a) Practice 1:Experiencing the different levels
of receiving and centering
b) Practice 2: Opening your intention to that which
c) Practice 3: Decoding what has happened into application
- Utilizing Sound for yourself
Issues that will be addressed:
1 We will explore the question, what
is receiving? Additionally, we will address
issues of what stops us from feeling comfortable
in the container within which we work.
2 - During week one, we will work with Practice
1: Experiencing the different levels of receiving
a) Physical awareness of the different levels of
receiving and centering
b) Emotional centering in physical stillness through
c) Attunement to boundary and simultaneously to
what is alive between us.
3 - We will also begin to make our own sounds and
train the ear.
a) Exercises in simple practices of listening to
and making harmonics.
c) Practicing being responsive to all kinds of sounds.
d) Deconstructing sounds.
e) Listening with silence.
Homework - Receive, listen and make sound using
Practice 1 lessons
Students will receive instruction to observe, document
and draw conclusion about what happens to them when
they do the following exercises
1) Make specific assigned sounds
2) Listen to specific assigned sounds
3) Receive sounds of their own choosing.
- Utilizing Sound For Others
1) We will review and formulate individual programs
for self-preparation based on Practice 1, Receiving
2) We will work with Practices 2 & 3 (Opening
intention to what is happening, and Decoding and
application), using other students as partners.
a) We will observe with soft eyes and see subtle
differences in our partners energetic fields.
b) Explore kinetic awareness and learn to differentiate
levels of magnetic pull.
c) Learn to maintain boundary while accessing subtle
levels of information.
3) We will begin working with Practice 3 by utilizing
feedback. There will be time to do a practice healing
and to gain feedback from that experience.
4) We will discuss the decoding process. We will
also discuss the internal attitudes that allow for
effective conduct in these circumstances.
a. Courageous commitment
b. Keeping balanced energy between the practitioner
and the client
c. Trusting the container.
Homework -1 hour for each assignment
1. Receive the same inner subtle awareness of sound
in different settings. Notice what distracts you.
2. Work with someone as a subject for a healing
and observe what is easy and what is difficult about
doing this away from the classroom.
Utilizing Sound for others Becoming
We will review the previous classes and go further
with learning to apply Practice 3 Decoding
what has happened into application. We will learn
to be non-invasive and courageously connected as
we receive, intend and apply ourselves to the healing.
1) Review Preparation: Centering and being comfortable
and ready to work.
2) Learn exercises to prepare the voice.
3) Time to explore making sounds.
4) Apply the 3 Practices with your partner through
giving a healing: being in receiving, opening intention,
and decoding with application as the tools to be
5) Discuss the decoding process and the different
interpretations of sound as it applies to your partner.
6) Review traps and the possible negative aspects
of the work.
Homework: Working with a partner, perform a sound
healing and write down your observations of your
own work and the responses of the person who received
|Tuning Fork Treatments
The Acutonics Healing System is an energy-based non-invasive treatment that is similar to acupuncture. Precision calibrated tuning forks are applied to specific acupuncture and acupressure points to access the body's Meridian and Chakra energy systems. These tuning forks represent a natural harmonic series based on the orbital properties of the Earth, Moon, Sun and planets. Their rich resonance and vibration connects with and supports the body's natural frequencies. It brings us into alignment with the cycles of the Cosmos known since antiquity as the Music of the Spheres. The tuning fork is struck on an Acutonics® Acuvator then placed on the body or held near the ears. The sound waves of the forks vibrate and travel deeply into the body along energy pathways, affecting human physiology and reaching places not easily accessed by traditional medicine. Applying the forks stimulates and balances the body's physical and subtle energy field to promote healing and inner harmony. Listening to the forks speaks to us deeply by connecting with our vestibular system, within the inner ear canal, and accessing our sense of motion, balance, space, memory, and healing.
The voice is the ultimate healer, self contained
within our sacred body. We will explore what
we can "hear" when we truly listen…
and then re-sound with it.
We will discuss how to use the voice as
an intentional healing form and how to therapeutically
focus the voice for chakra balancing, emotional
clearing, and relaxation using gongs, drums,
shruti box and chimes. Exercises utilizing
multiple modalities will engage our self
expression and break through perceived limitations
and inhibitions. We will learn to access
the sublimated pure tone through the vocal
exercises developed with Rudolf Steiner
(“Uncovering the Voice method”).
Sessions will include improvisation and
a creative experiential format that allows
for discovery and joy in the singing process.
Our goal is to access the "healing
moment" through our vocalizations.
1. Overview, Voice as diagnostic tool and
healing modality. Uncovering the Voice Singing,
accessing the Cosmic tones effortlessly.
Listening and tone matching.
2. The Breath. Singing as the Ensuing
Process. Visualizations. Processes to Healing singing. Creative expression exercises. Letting Go.
3. Healing with Sound. Emotions. Chakra
Balancing. Sacred seed syllables. Streaming.
4. Chanting. Mantras. Call and response.
Singing drum work. Toning with Tibetan and crystal bowls.
5. Student Project Presentations. Improvisational Singing
Instructor: Jan Cercone
Toning, Chanting and Mantra
When used with intention, our own voice can be a miraculous healing tool. It is a primordial pathway into our body and soul. In this workshop we will explore how sound vibrates our inner body. With toning techniques, we will experience where sound resonates and how to use that vibration to massage from the inside out, clearing the chakras, relaxing the body and releasing old outdated imprinting. We will learn chants from several ethnic traditions and feel the commonality and differences of rhythm and pulse. Through Vocal Meditation we will discover how to create our own sacred chant.
Instructor: Janis Arch, Suzanne Sterling
Sound and Movement
This class helps to cleanse the physical and energetic bodies using healing tones & movement vibration in order to bring increased light into the physical and energetic bodies, thereby causing healing and transformation. KiVo offers the sound healer a new palette by adding the dancing body and opens the way for spirit healing in the Shamanic tradition.
Specific learning goals:
In-depth study of the Chakras, Vocal Chakra Healing Tones (VoCHeTTM)
and their associative Choreography
Introduction of select Body Chants (BoCha!TM) and associative Choreography
Extended vocal production techniques to increase resonance
Exploration of rhythmic patterns to create a trance state
Integration of earth & celestial energies/body & voice
Instructor: Lis Addison
Individual 3 hour classes available
Consciousness, and Spirituality
Resonant Connections: Sound, Light, Color, Geometry, Chemistry, Physics, and Consciousness
of the connections between sound and healing
from an esoteric perspective with an eye
toward the current scientific research being
conducted in this field. The understanding
of the interconnectedness of the multidimensional
levels of sound, vibration, music and consciousness.
I. Harmonics of Sound
II. Harmonies of Color and Light
III. Harmonics of Form
- Cymatics: Forms and Shapes create
by sound. Geometry of Music - Music of Geometry
- How does music convey emotions?
Music of the Golden Mean - Music of the Phi Ratio
- Relationships of Sound and Color.
Sounds of our solar system.
- Survey of Ancient Musical Scales.
Understanding acoustical foundations of harmony.
- Chakra systems and applied tuning
- Chakra systems and applied tuning
- World music rhythms and archetypes.
- The relationship of sacred geometry to musical
- Living in Unity Field Consciousness
Lecture topics will be taken from the following list:
1) Music and Sound (for Music and healing Purposes)
- The naming of frequencies and notes
- The solfeggio system of sound syllables
- The East Indian Vocal Syllable System (Sargam)
- Just Tuned Musical Intervals
- Famous whole numbers tuning systems
- The math of Equal-tempered Tuning
- The advantages and disadvantaged of Equal-tempered 12 Tone Tuning and Cents Tuning
- The Harmonics of Special Prime Numbers
- The Prime Limit Just Toning System
- The Pure Pythagorean Tuning System
- The modal music system (Ancient and Modern)
- The world’s most common pentatonic scales.
- Modal Harmony for Sound Healing
- Musical examples of whole number tuning
- Music of the Fibonacci Series (also for sacred geometry)
- The basic rhythmic archetypes of world music
- Musical chakra systems
- The music of the weather spherics
- The sounds and frequencies of the Planets and moons (The work of Hans Cousto, Swiss Scientist, Kepler and others)
- The Angelic system of intervals and numerology for music healing analysis (Joel Andrews system from Harp Full of Star book)
- Music of the Hydrogen Element
- The Larmor Sound Frequencies of the periodic Table of Elements (universal sounds)
- Special frequencies found in Nature.
- Sacred numbers from ancient manuscripts and their musical valves.
- The musical Tree of Life Harmonics
- Key Sounds of Sacred Sites, (Stonehenge, The Great Pyramid site, Chartres Cathedral)
- The uses of Tuning Forks in sound therapy theory and Practice
- The use of Sacred Language vowels and phonetics for sound healing
- Selected books and articles, periodicals for further research.
- Select sound DVD's, videos, CDs, recordings, structure, Texture, Color, Timbre, Rhythm,
- The Musical Spine
- The oriental 5-elements and sound
- The original Bible code solfeggio Healing codes
2) Harmonics of Color and Light
- Basic color Therapy-Light and pigment
- The wavelengths of the colors Nanometers and Angstroms
- Converting color and light to sound and vise versa.
- The Dinsha Ghadiali famous Light Therapy System, Spectro Chrome Therapy
- The Dinsha color system connected to sound
- The actual colors of the Rainbow Spectrum
- What various colors are used for in Healing/Therapy
- The colors of special essential oils
- The frequencies of famous Artist Colors
- Survey of color/chakras correlations
- The 7 color Ray Life system c/o Ginny Katz, book: Beyond the Light. (Beck)
- The Sacred Text numbers of the Rainbow (famous Gematria numbers and color associations)
- The colors associated with the Fire Platonic solids (see Geometry Pact III)
- Color/Sound Correlations of available L.E.D. Lights
- The Hydrogen Spectral Lines (colors of the prime element)
- The Esoteric Meanings of Colors
- The visible color spectrum
- The qualities of Violet Light
- The Hydrogen Molecule Red-Light-Green-Violet shift
- The Rainbow Angles (42%) primary rainbow
- Key colors of the Periodic Table of Elements
- Peter Mandel’s German Color Puncture
- The marriage of Sound and Light
3) Form and Sacred Geometry
- The “Roots” of Sacred Geometry
- What is sacred about Geometry
- Geometry and the Codes of Creation
- The Foundation math of Sacred Geometry, sq. roots of 2,3,5, pi, phi.
- Different values of pi (Historic)
- The Golden Mean and the Phi Ratio
- The Fibonacci Series in Nature and Art
- The Geometry of the Human Anatomy
- Sacred Geometry in Nature
- Other phi ratio whole-number series
- Geometry of Famous sacred sites (Parthenon and temples, Pyramids, Chartres Cathedral.
- Sacred Geometry of Washington D.C. and Reunes-Le Chateau, France
- Pythagorean Right Triangles in whole numbers. (Musical Correlations)
- A Musical micro-tonal scale based on sacred Geometry
- The Five Platonic Solids-the Geometry and Hidden meanings
- Whole-number square root ratios used in the ancient world
- Pi and spherical geometry (2-D, 3-D)
- Sacred Geometry and the Greek gods key sacred numbers of Greek Temples based on sacred geometry
- The Merkabah-Geometric Light Spirit Vehicles
- Using Geometric forms in Healing Arts.
- Cymatics-forms created with sound, the work of Hans Jenny and others
- Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land, Sacred Geometry in Disney World
- Intro to Vedic Geometry
- A beginners Guide to Constructing the Universe- Book by Michael Schneider
- Sacred Geometry in Crop Circles
- The Power of Limits (book by Gyorgy Doczi-) proportional Harmonies in Nature, Art and Architecture.
- ”Phiometry”- Phi ratio geometry
- The Sri Yantra- The Form of OM, the Sound of OM- Geometric Power, Diagrams=Yantras
- The Lost science of Measuring the Earth- book by Robin Heath and John Michell
- Robert Lawlor’s book “Sacred Geometry”
- Matrix of Creation book by Richard Heats (Sacred Geometry in the Realm of the Planets).
- Book of Coincidence-by John Martineau (Solar system geometry)
Instructor: Randy Masters
(Selection of material covered will depend on
students’ interests, backgrounds and prior experiences.)
1 -- Introduction & Overview Mystery School approach to Sacred Geometry – Pythagoras & Plato
• What “Sacred” Geometry is and what it does to create our material universe
• Nature’s “language of relationship"
• Recognize Patterns within forms – developing astute observation skills
• Connections between geometry in spatial and sonic relationships
2 -- Symbolic Language
Re-discover geometry as a "Symbolic Language"
• Interpreting Symbolism of Geometrical Shapes & Symmetry Patterns
Discovering Universal Patterns within the "Flower of Creation" cosmological mandala
Geometry as Story Teller
Symbolic Meaning of architectural proportions (e.g., Chartres Cathedral)
3 – Musical Harmonics
What is the nature and physics of resonance
Understanding musical harmonics by seeing geometrical ratios
Subdivision of spaces by whole numbers or “musical harmonics”
4 -- Laws of Harmony
Root Harmonies – the building blocks of the material world & classical art
• Pythagorean Theorem – visual non-mathematical approach – the way Pythagoras taught it
Constructing & Understanding the relationships in the Root Rectangles
Recognize Root Rectangles in your surroundings
Harmonious subdivisions of root rectangles - how the parent divides itself into recognizable offspring - creating a tuned symphony of sub-spaces
5 -- Golden Ratio in Nature, Golden Rule & Self-referential Consciousness
Golden Ratio in growth of plants, animals and humans
Essence of the "Golden Ratio" as philosophical symbol and geometrical ratio – relationship to human skeleton, DNA, and the "Golden Rule"
• Visual, less-mathematical way to understand the golden ratio
Natural beauty, love and reciprocity – experiments with perception of beauty
Harmonious subdivision or replication of golden ratio – the golden spiral
Instructor: Richard Feather Anderson
Music of the Quantum Spheres – How Resonance Creates Consciousness
Bay Area biophysicist Stuart Grace Greene explains the history and fundamental concepts of quantum physics and developmental ecology through clear and entertaining analogies, illuminating a rigorous synthesis of science and spirit that’s as accessible as it is revolutionary. Music of the Quantum Spheres introduces Quantum EcoBiotics (QEB), a biophysical model that successfully explains how consciousness lives in physical form. QEB demonstrates that consciousness is actually composed of two radically different “minds” – the familiar, computer-like mind made of neurons and a much older, literally infinite mind made of harmonically interacting quantum resonances – in effect, an exquisite form of sub-atomic music.
Instructor: Stuart Grace Greene
Harmonic Law: The Science of Vibration
• Harmonic Law: The Science of Vibration and the Absolute Scale of Relative Cosmic Reality.
• A New Healing Paradigm: Enhancing what is right rather than fixing what is wrong via new technologies.
• The Gift of the Present: Time means nothing, but timing means everything.
• The New Science of Automata: The smallest, most indivisible building blocks of reality that are gathered and ordered by intention. The power of intention to manifest is equal to the quality of its expression.
• Formal Algorithm: a perfect, almost magical language that is the highest form of intentional expression.
• How to Achieve Dominant Outward Radiation: Begin creating your own reality.
Instructor: Don Estes
Total Program - CLICK HERE for more information on Tuition and Payment Plans
Degree Program Curriculum