The science behind the treatments are based on the most current information available in the field. Globe Sound and Consciousness Institute is the leading Institute in the field of Sound Healing and Therapy. The Institute offers Certificate Programs and an Associates Degree Program. The 12 instructors are the leading scientists, researchers, and practitioners in the field with over 20 years of experience each. The Institute has also put on 3 International Sound Healing Conferences with the leading luminaries in the field.
The basic concept that all Sound Healing is based upon states that a stronger vibration will tend to entrain a weaker vibration into the same vibration. There are a variety of types of resonant systems. There is resonance in spaces (including Chest, Abdomen, and Head cavities, and Organs), materials (including Bones, Muscles, Tendons, Skin, Blood), and etheric (chakras, auras) and emotional fields (gratitude, joy, and love).
There is also resonance within each cell of the body. There is research that has found that each cell actually has it’s own resonant frequency that can be picked up with an extremely sensitive microphone. Diseased cells also have their own frequency.
The key to our treatments is how we resonant a person’s system into higher emotions of: Gratitude, Joy, Love and Compassion. This could also described as Bliss, Deep Peace, and Connection to Spirit or Source, We have discovered that when a person is resonating these higher states of emotion that symptoms disappear. It has also been shown through research that the whole human system enters a state of homeostasis. The heart functions better, the immune system works better, blood flows easier, and cells regenerate more actively. The bonus is that these higher states are where most of us want to be most of the time anyway. The goal is to resonate people into these higher states of awareness often enough so that you are then able to hold the states on your own.
Your Root/Soul Frequency
One of the most important resonances of all is that your own soul. Alice Bailey says that this frequency is the same from lifetime to lifetime.
Research has now shown that each of us has a root or soul frequency that we vibrate at. This frequency is most apparent when you are centered, grounded or in love. The frequency also naturally emanates from you when you are in perfect present awareness of now. There are many frequencies that distract us from our own. There are car sounds, sounds of the city, electricity, and electromagnetism to mention a few. Therefore, it is easy to lose our frequency. You can use sound to resonate your frequency in order to restore your connection to it. Simply toning can do it, but there is nothing like getting on a sound table with the right combination of consistent sounds. The truth is that any consistent frequency will essentially resonate your own root frequency. When any frequency is resonated within you your root frequency is naturally triggered because your system knows all frequencies and recognizes it as a musical interval. In fact, it isn’t as important to find your own frequency to help as it is to simply have a consistent frequency vibrating you. This is one underlying power of music is that it gets your own frequency humming again. However, any type of consistent drone (any music that stays on one note the whole song) will be more conducive to resonating your frequency. The trick is to find drone music that is the right combination of calming versus activating so as to not make you bored or too agitated.
Of course, if you use your resonant frequency then it is even more powerful. You can find your resonate frequency by simply tuning into yourself and singing the frequency that your think it might be. More often than not, you will sing the frequency. This can be confirmed by multiple tries, muscle testing and ultimately using a heart variability monitor. The most powerful way to get your frequency humming inside of you again is to get on a sound table. The vibration is so intense that it jump starts your own frequency powerfully.
There are some basic concepts that we incorporate into our music:
1. Intention added to Sound and Music – It has now been proven by Dr. Emoto, as well as in various double blind lab experiments that Intention affects the listener in very real ways. It has also been shown that the Intention gets carried on the Soundwaves to the listener. We have also found that the more consistently a healing intention is held while making the music, the more powerful the energy of the intention comes across. In addition, if you get a whole room full of people (or musicians) consistently holding an intention it becomes a magnificent healing force when listened to.
2. Music Based on the Breath – When the chords played are at a tempo that one synchronizes with a really slow breath the music affects the listener in a much deeper way — whether or not the listener is breathing with the music or not. The music tends to affect the listener physiologically — in a much deeper way.
3. Sounds vs. Music – Particular sounds are healing because of the way that they directly affect us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Some of this information we have discovered about sounds is based on science — some based on years of working with the sounds on a variety of people. The problem is when a particular style of music is played our first response is whether we like the particular type of music. Our experience of the music is dramatically altered by our pre-disposition to the style of music. On the other hand, Sound Healing music is often so unique and effective that it doesn’t fall into a category that we can dislike. In particular, this is music that does not have the traditional musical structure with familiar melodies and rhythms. When we are able to get past our pre-disposition to the style of music, we gain access to a much deeper level of healing based on the healing power of the tonalities of the sounds themselves.
The following concepts are based on the primary researcher in the field of Sound Therapy, Dr. Alfred Tomatis.
1. High Frequencies activate the mind. Low frequencies calm the body. Therefore, we use a very precise amount of high frequencies vs. low frequencies to create music that is not boring, and is not over activating. We have also found that low frequencies ground a person in their body making them more centered and aware. High frequencies can open one to Spirit and a connection to Source when played with just the right type of melody.
2. All frequencies are nutrients and we need the full range – Tomatis proved that people don’t normally make the sounds that they can’t hear. He, therefore, showed how missing frequencies in our system can cause a variety of issues and learning disabilities. We are careful to provide a full range of frequencies in our music, so that a person’s system can absorb the frequencies that they need.
3. Consistent Patterns vs. Changing Patterns – Consistent patterns put your mind to sleep — sometimes allowing you to go to deeper or higher levels of awareness of the healing aspects of the sounds. Changing patterns keep your mind awake and on it’s toes — therefore, they are very good for learning.
We use binaural beats in all of our music to help entrain the brain into different states of consciousness. We use a special technique to keep the binaural beats in tune with the key of the music. This is very important for making the whole recording much more harmonius and effective.
Binaural beats are created by embedding 2 frequencies in the music that are fed separately to the left and right ear. The brain creates the difference of these two frequencies which entrains the brain to whatever brainwave state we have chosen (delta, theta, alpha). This process has been proven to synchronize the left and right hemispheres of the brain through the corpus callosum when listening to headphones. Through a special process the binaural beats are created so they are perfectly in tune with the key of the song.
When two sounds are played that are close to each other in pitch, we hear an oscillation that is the difference between those two frequencies. For example, if we playing 50 hertz and 57 hertz results in an oscillation of 7 cycles per second. These low frequency oscillations have been proven in lab research to entrain our brains into the corresponding brainwave state — delta, theta, alpha, or gamma.
The binaural-beat appears to be associated with an electroencephalographic (EEG) frequency-following response in the brain. Many studies have demonstrated the presence of a frequency-following response to auditory stimuli, recorded at the vertex of the human brain (top of the head). This EEG activity was termed “frequency-following response” because its period corresponds to the fundamental frequency of the stimulus (Smith, Marsh, & Brown, 1975). Binaural-beat stimulation appears to encourage access to altered states of consciousness.
Higher States of Consciousness
The threshold from one brainwave state to another differs for different people accounting for the differences in charts.
< .5 cycles per second – Epsilon – Low Delta – Out of body, Religious experience, Epiphany.
.5 – 4 cycles per second – Delta – Deep Sleep
4 –7 cycles per second – Theta – Dream state; Emotional state
7 – 12 cycles per second – Alpha is looking at the Forest – Mental state.
12 – 20 cycles per second – Beta is looking at the Trees – Physical state.
40 hz – Gamma (26-70) – Tibetan meditation states
100 hz – Ecstatic states of consciousness
200 hz – Hyper-Gamma
Various Uses Of Audio With Embedded Binaural Beats
Uses of audio with embedded binaural beats range from relaxation, meditation, stress reduction, pain management, improved sleep quality, decrease in sleep requirements, super learning, enhanced creativity and intuition, remote viewing, telepathy, and out-of-body experience and lucid dreaming. Audio embedded with binaural beats is often combined with various meditation techniques, as well as positive affirmations and visualization.
Synchronized brain waves
Synchronized brain waves have long been associated with meditative and hypnogogic states, and audio with embedded binaural beats has the ability to induce and improve such states of consciousness. The reason for this is physiological. Each ear is “hardwired” (so to speak) to both hemispheres of the brain (Rosenzweig, 1961). Each hemisphere has its own olivary nucleus (sound-processing center) which receives signals from each ear. In keeping with this physiological structure, when a binaural beat is perceived there are actually two standing waves of equal amplitude and frequency present, one in each hemisphere. So, there are two separate standing waves entraining portions of each hemisphere to the same frequency. The binaural beats appear to contribute to the hemispheric synchronization evidenced in meditative and hypnogogic states of consciousness. Brain function is also enhanced through the increase of cross-collosal communication between the left and right hemispheres of the brain.
Speakers vs. Headphones
When listening to speakers with a different frequency in each speaker, the two waves cancel each other out creating the fluctuating volume of the binaural frequency.
When you have two speakers playing the two different frequencies simultaneously, the two sounds cancel each other out as they physically meet in space. However, when you wear headphones, the two sounds never meet, as the physical brain is in the way. In order to keep reality consistent, our brain creates a third frequency on it’s own. Because the frequency in the left ear goes to the right brain, and the frequency in the right ear goes to the left brain, this third frequency created by the brain connects the two sides of the brain. When this occurs, the Corpus Collossum, which functions to connect the two sides of the brain, lights up. As you might know, when the left and right sides of the brain are connected you are operating at your highest potential. Therefore, we commonly use binaural beats in headphones to synchronize the brain and light up the Corpus Collossum.
Long term memory is an emotional state. The more you struggle to remember, the more you go into Beta. The memory is located in the threshold between alpha and beta.