“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Photograph of a Water Droplet being Vibrated by Sound
UPCOMING EVENTS AND CLASSES
WE HAVE MOVED TO SAUSALITO
Our new address is 110 Caledonia St. Ste A Sausalito, CA 94965
We’re now Open – Normal hours 11-5 Tuesday – Saturday but a little spotty
Call for an appointment to catch us for sure.
Free Sound Healing Workshop and Open House
Sunday October 18th 1-5
RSVP required so we don’t have too many people
How Sound affects us Physically, Mentally, Emotionally and Spiritually
with many heart opening meditations with sound.
(Call for a tour anytime)
CLICK HERE for more details
Sound Healing and Therapy Certificate
AT THE INSTITUTE
Semester just began…. You can still jump in.
Half online and half at the Institute in Sausalito
Recording Arts and Technology Certificate
ONLINE – Semester just began… you can still jump in.
One day per week.
Home Note Assessment
Find your home note (Root/Soul )where you are At Peace and get a CD in its key.
Proven to be helpful for your immune system and all organs.
Good for a wide range of issues.
Online or at the Institute
VAH – Voice Analysis Harmony Software
Find missing frequencies in your voice that correspond to different physical and emotional issues.
Assessment and Song Remedies $65.
Full Software $888. Next training is October 24th. Purchase by October 14th to join.
More info at www.VoiceAnalysisHarmony.com
WHAT IS SOUND HEALING?
Sound Healing, through various techniques and technologies, is the educated and conscious use of the energy of sound to reach identified goals and promote wellness in the human system – including the expansion of consciousness. Sound Healing is founded on the premise that all matter is vibrating at specific frequencies. Science has proven that sound, or vibration, has a strong impact upon substance. For example, the study of Cymatics has shown how sound creates geometric patterns in matter. Dr. Emoto has proven that sound changes the molecular structure of water. However, more importantly, sound changes consciousness. Many ancient civilizations and modern indigenous cultures have used sound to heal and access higher levels of consciousness for thousands of years.
There are a wide range of techniques that utilize sound as a tool for change. The most common and basic use of sound is for meditation and relaxation. Chanting, toning and overtone singing are some of the most powerful methods for resonating sound throughout the body. The use of nature sounds and natural instruments, such as crystal bowls and tuning forks, have specific healing frequencies and harmonics. Drumming and rhythm are now used by corporations to release stress and build team consciousness. Shamanic drumming takes people into altered states of consciousness. Sound is now being using by clinical psychologists to help children with certain learning disabilities. Binaural beat frequencies are used to entrain people into very specific states of consciousness. Sound is used to alter brainwave states to help people with sleep disorders and facilitate creative expression. Listening to one’s own root frequency enables an individual to create a more centered and grounded awareness within their life. The technique called Bio-Tuning uses root frequencies and binaural beats, played back through a sound table, to entrain people into specific brainwave states. Sound and music are also used to help with difficult life transitions, including birth and death. The medical community also uses sound and music in a variety of applications such as: during surgery to relieve pain, to break up gall stones and to relax muscles using ultrasound. Doctors are now finding the resonant frequency of organs in order to help vibrate them back into a healthy state. Perhaps most exciting is cutting-edge research that shows how sound might be used to disintegrate diseases such as cancer.
SOUND HEALING TECHNIQUES
Here is a list of Sound Therapy techniques offered in the Sound Therapy Center that students might do upon completion.
• Root Frequency Entrainment
• Vibroacoustic Therapy (Olav Skille)
• Voice Bio (Kae Thompson-Liu)
• Sound Healing with the Voice
• Neurophone Therapy (Patrick Flanagan)
• Chakra Balancing
• Tuning Fork Treatments
• Sound Design for the Soul (Custom CD Design)
• Computer Voice Analysis (Don Estes)
• Bio-Tuning (Jeffrey Thompson)
• HydroAcoustic Therapy
• Tibetan/Crystal Bowl Massage
Sound health work is now becoming more and more accepted in the mainstream. There are two distinct areas:
1) Sound and music for meditation, relaxation, learning, and productivity, and
2) The use of sound for medical uses.
Clinics and Complementary Healing Centers
Very specific utilizations of music are now being used in integrative and complementary healing centers, including:
* Office and treatment room ambiance
* Relaxation techniques, stress reduction, auditory biofeedback
* Pain control
* Reduction of anesthesia and medications
* Correction of auditory tonal processing difficulties
* Abatement of hearing sensitivities
* Correction of learning disabilities
* Birthing assistance
* Musical thanatology – music to help with dying
Using Music for Healing, Therapy, and Expansion of Consciousness
First there is the whole world of music. Music has been used for years to simply help relax people and put them in a better state of mind. After all it has been proven that when someone releases tension and relaxes, their immune system benefits. Application-specific audio includes pain control, neurodevelopmental remediation, relaxation and stress relief, meditation, sleep, accelerated learning, enhanced productivity, consciousness raising, and connecting to spirit. There is also a growing number of musicians that take Psychoacoustics into consideration when producing commercial albums.
Binaural Beat Brainwave Entrainment
Binaural beats are created when two tones are detuned from each other by a small amount. The resulting third oscillation, which is the difference between the two frequencies, will automatically entrain the brain into different brainwave frequencies – delta, theta, alpha, beta, etc. This technique is used to help with sleep, learning, and enlightenment to name a few.MORE INFO
Music is also being used to help with the alleviation of pain. There are a wide range of surgeons who now use sound therapy before, during, and after surgery. It has been shown to substantially reduce the amount of anesthesia that is required. In a similar light, sound is also used to aid in both the birthing and dying processes. There are numerous tapes and CDs that have come out for making the birthing process smoother. As well, there are centers, such as Chalice of Repose who use sound and music as an aid to a beautiful death.
Drumming and Rhythm
There are drum and rhythm schools that use sound to facilitate all kinds of ends. And, of course, there are a huge number of CDs that use both sound and music to cure just about every ill you can imagine. For example, Village Music Circles in Santa Cruz has an entire program based around drumming and rhythm.
Frequencies in Us
There are many people who believe that we have a fundamental root sound and if we get in touch with that frequency, we get more in touch with ourselves. The same types of people also often believe that the earth also has its own frequency that is good to get in tune with. Some take this idea into more detail by mapping out the frequency of each Chakra or each Sepherod within the Kaballah’s tree of life. There is also a wide range of individuals who use sounds on acupuncture and acupressure points. Some people actually will sing into Chakras or acupressure points. More popular is the use of tuning forks or other electronic sounds that are applied to specific points on the body. Some practitioners believe that the resonant frequencies of crystals are even more powerful when applied to the body.
Chanting and Toning
Another more common technique is to teach people to resonate their body with their own voice. Chanting and toning are techniques for vibrating different areas of the body through singing. Not only does this provide a deeper awareness of the way sound resonates naturally throughout the body, it also is a lot cheaper once you learn the techniques!
Probably one of the largest areas of interest is that of Vibroacoustics. This is the application of sound to the body through special sound transmission devices such as sound chairs and sound massage tables.
Sound for the Alleviation of Learning Disabilities
Sound is currently being used to help correct certain learning disabilities in children. There are numerous clinics across the world that are using the research of Dr. Tomatis to stimulate the brain and nervous system. For example, The Listening Program uses his technique whereby low frequencies are increasingly rolled off in classical music until only the high frequencies are left. Then all the frequencies are rolled back in until the full audio spectrum is again present. It has been proven that using this technique over a few weeks significantly aids in the reduction of learning disabilities.
Medical Uses of Sound
There exists a wide range of techniques that range from simple sound massage to what is termed “sound surgery” where sound is utilized inside the body. This includes placing highly precise tones within specific organs. Of course, ultrasound has been used for years to break up kidney stones or plaque on our teeth. This type of sound application is also being explored on other diseases such as cancer. Fabian Maman shows cancer being broken up with sound in one of his books. One of our instructors used sound to completely get rid of large breast cancer tumor. The tumor has now been gone for five years.
Using sound to destroy diseases is an aggressive form of sound surgery. Sound now being used more and more to help restore tissues to a healthy state of being by resonating the frequency of healthy tissues. Doctors have now figured out the resonant frequency of healthy organs. By applying the correct frequency to a diseased organ, the organ is entrained into a healthy state of vibration. Sound can also be used to massage organs. For example, when the heart has a disease it is known to “freeze up” and not move freely within it’s own sac. Applying sound to the heart at the right frequency massages the heart, loosening it up so that it can move more freely.
Sound and Visuals
One of the most interesting evolving areas within the field of sound work is the use of sound correlated with visuals. Hans Jenny has done research in the field called Cymatics, which explores the mandala-like patterns that sound creates in water molecules inside each cell of the body. Jenny vibrated sand on a metal plate with different frequencies and timbres to create a whole range of dynamically changing patterns. David Gibson, is developing a system where by 3D visuals of sounds can be placed inside the body in Virtual Reality. This is also leading the use of 3D visuals of all types of geometric forms being able to be placed throughout the body. Many are now studying the effect of different types of complex, geometric shapes on our psyche, body and spirit. This whole field is referred to as “sacred geometry.” The interesting thing is that various geometric shapes correlate mathematically to different types of chord structures in music. Therefore, a goal is to create a 3D geometric pattern coupled with music that resonates throughout the body both visually and aurally. There is much research to be done on the effects that this has on the body, psyche and spirit.
SOUND HEALING TECHNOLOGIES
There are a wide range of technologies that are being used to analyze and heal.
- Voice Analysis Technologies – There are a number of systems on the market that use the sound of the voice and breath to provide a diagnosis on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual states of individuals, as well as the status of each organ. Various sound remedies are then prescribed.- The VoiceBio – Kae Thompson-Liu – Analyzes the root frequencies of each syllable in order to determine which frequencies are weak in your system. Various frequencies are associated with various organs and predispostion to specific diseases. Treatment is to tone your weak frequencies or go on a sound table with music in the key of your weakness.- Aspire – by Don Estes – Uses information from the harmonic structure, the envelope (change in volume over time), and the change is phase (timing) of the harmonics of the sound of your voice and the sound of your breath. After logging on to a supercomputer to analyze the immense amount of detail, you listen to the results 90 degrees out of phase in order to access your maximum potential physically, mentally/emotionally, and spiritually.- Sound-Energy.net – Looks at an extremely fine detail of the harmonic structure of the sound of your voice. Then creates sounds and scalar waves to balance out the frequencies that you need. The scalar waves are transmitted into a bottle of water that you get to take home.- Zyto’s EVOX – Uses the harmonic structure of the voice to help determine what emotions need to be released.- Sharry Edward’s system – Determines the frequencies missing in your voice and creates sounds to help put them back into your system.- Biowaves- Somewhat similar to Sharry Edward’s system but much simpler and cheaper to use.
- VibroAcoustic Sound Chairs and Tables –Healing frequencies fill your body as you relax on a special sound table equipped with low frequency transducers. The treatment which uses sinusoidal, low frequency (30 – 120 Hz) sound pressure waves, blended with music, to transfer sound waves directly into the body through a vibroacoustic table. This technique is helpful for a wide variety of issues including muscle relaxation, increased circulation and pain reduction. This therapy accesses and frees areas of the physical and emotional bodies where we can often carry tension or stress.
- Nutri-Energetics Systems – Sends electronic quantum signals through the body, which ping the various parts of the body, then gives you a 30 page medical readout. It looks for harmony in the Morphogenetic Fields surrounding cells, organs, limbs and the body. The treatments are infoceuticals, which is mineral water with frequency and geometric patterns embedded with 3 lasers. They entrain the morphogenetic fields back into a healthy harmonic state.
- Electronic Nerve Stimulation – Use of microcurrents within the body to stimulate cells within the brain, muscles, organs, and ears for optimum functionality
- Water Sound Infusion Systems – Don Estes, Patrick Flanagan, and Dr. Emoto – Various methods of using sound to change the structure of water so that cells not only easily absorbs the water, but helps facilitate the transmission of healing aspects of the water into the body.
- Sound Visualization systems – Cymatics, the study of wave phenomena, is a science pioneered by Swiss medical doctor and natural scientist, Hans Jenny (1904-1972). For 14 years he conducted experiments animating inert powders, pastes, and liquids into life-like, flowing forms, which mirrored patterns found throughout nature, art and architecture. You see a physical representation of vibration, or how sound manifests into form through the medium of various materials.
- Neurophone – by Patrick Flanagan – Bypasses normal auditory mechanisms used by the body to provide ultrasonic neural stimulation directly to the brain. This process facilitates grounding, relaxation, increased learning potential and increased concentration and focus.
- Bio-Tuning – by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson – A global tri-body healing, personal transformation, and awakening consciousness. A therapy that utilizes physical vibrations from the sound of your own voice to heal your body. A computer analysis of your recorded voice identifies the primary sound frequency that will resonate and balance brain function. Muscle testing is used to confirm that the frequency has a strengthening effect on the individual. The recorded sound of the person’s voice is raised and lowered one octave to create a three-octave symphony of the person’s voice. The resonant frequency is lowered mathematically, approximately three octaves, and split into binaural beat frequencies that are tuned to a specific brainwave state (delta, theta, or alpha). The binaural beats and three-octave symphony of the person’s own voice are mixed with nature sounds and played back through a sound table or chair for about 45 minutes. The person is entrained into the brainwave state tuned to their own resonant frequency. This technique is useful for balancing the central nervous system, enhancing creativity and promoting physical, emotional and cognitive health.
- The X-1 Healing Machine – by Dr. Fred Bell uses holographic sound, which puts in concert every cell and atom in the DNA helix.
- The Cyma®1000 – by Cymatherapy International generates specific sound frequencies to stimulate muscles, organs and bones to their natural state of resonance.
- Virtual reality healing systems by David Gibson – Virtual Reality graphics of various internal systems such as muscular, endocrine, cardiovascular, nervous system, and chakras – that you can step into. You can then look down and see a graphic of your heart, for example. You then can take visuals of sounds and place them inside your body. As you do so, a corresponding sound is moved up and down on a sound table so you feel the sound inside of your body, precisely where you are seeing it.
- Infratonics – Dr. Richard Lee – Tools that combine shape, color, electromagnetic frequencies, magnetics and many different materials to affect energetic shifts in environments for health and growth, by producing unpredictable signals in the infrasonic ranges of specific brain wave rhythms, Infratonic equipment relieves pain and accelerates recovery by breaking up traumatic cellular patterns that cause production of inflammatory chemicals. The two main intents of Infratonic signals are to increase cooperation between cells and to bridge between analytical consciousness and the rhythms of the heart.
- Alternative frequency based therapeutic devices utilizing sound, light, magnetics, and microcurrent electrical stimulation. The neuroscience of acoustically resonant structures of the body, and its effect on brain wave and ultradian biorhythms.
- Scalar wave EESystem – by Sandra Rose Michael – Generates multiple bio-active life enhancing energy fields, including “scalar waves” which can allow cell regeneration, pain relief, detoxification, and increased energy levels